Quails Fargo

Fox guns for sale or direct references to guns for sale may not be posted here. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal gun that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the gun is for sale. Please note that references to guns posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Gun "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature, towards the seller of said firearm. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services

Quails Fargo

Postby jimbeilke » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:59 pm

Is anyone familiar with a gun called a Quails Fargo. A friend of mine claimed he had one as a young man in the 60's. It was a late model Fox B that Simmons rib company built. It had a straight stock vent rib,etc. Any info will be helpful. Thanks, Jim
jimbeilke

Re: Quails Fargo

Postby George Lander » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:58 pm

I had one several years ago in 20 gauge. It was a very nice light bird gun with single trigger & ejectors. It was manufactured by Savage Arms Company and was, basically, a Savage Fox BST w/ a Simmons raised ventilated rib. I belive that the value would be in the $600 - $700 range in good condition. Simmons Gun Company is in Spring Hill, Kansas.

Best Regards, George
"Therefore, never send to know for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee"......John Donne
George Lander

Postby jimbeilke » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:21 am

Thanks for the info George. Jim
jimbeilke

Postby Drew Hause » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:24 am

Drew Hause

Postby Researcher » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Dakin imported a little straight grip upland gun they called the "Quails Fargo" as well.

Share the knowledge
Researcher

Postby Drew Hause » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Interesting Dave. The ad shows the Dakin address as KC. Simmons was at one point the Dakin importer/sales agent.

Drew Hause

Postby lee r moege » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:03 pm

Spot on guys! Simmons was the importer of the "Quails Fargo" made by Dakin. I had one years ago. It was a well made utilitarian gun comparable maybe to a Fox "BSE". Dakin then started their own distribution center in Kansas City, and was the first of many gun and gun related companys to set up shop in Kansas City. The guns themselves were made by Sarasqueta in Spain, at least the two I have had were. The Dakin Model 215 was a beautiful true sidelock 20 gage with ejectors, straight grip, and double triggers. It had an articulated front trigger and drop dead wood. If I remember right it sold for about $250.00 in 1959 or 1960. If you see an old Saraqueta catalog, it is comparable to their grade 12. Just a little supportive drivel from an old man! Lee.
lee r moege

Return to Fox Collectors Forum